Friday, March 21, 2008

Yay, Spring!


I was awaken this morning at 5:30 am by a very familiar sound. I couldn't quite figure out where I had heard that scraping hum before and I didn't wanna move so I laid there for a few minutes just listening and thinking about it. Then, out of nowhere it struck me and I jumped up and pulled the curtain aside and exhaled a silent scream. It was the snowplow. From the time I parked the car at 11pm the previous night, to the time I went to drive it again at 6:30 am - it had snowed about 20 cm (about 7 inches)! On March 21st! The insanity closed off a number of roads in the area, trains were canceled and well...we had to deal with snow on March 21st! You probably don't get how much it really was since my camera couldn't capture the seriousness of it, but it kinda was a show stopper and it was far worse a couple of hours south of Oslo. I even had to pull my winter coat back out of the closet. Kinda sad, really. Check out the video if you don't take my word for it.



My footprints were the first in the snow this morning. Kinda looks like I had skis on.




-bahareh

No comments: