Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Montel smoked himself to tears

Thanks to Jelsens old friend Nydia, who works for MPP, we got tickets to this benefit party last week. Jelsen had previous engagements so I brought Alexis with me instead. We thought it was a sit down dinner, so we came hungry. Very hungry. And when we discovered they were only passing appetizers, we stationed ourselves by the kitchen entrance with free drinks in hand and waited for the trays to come out.
We also got to see Kurt Loder ("MTV news, ten to the hour every hour"-dude!) speak about why he thinks medical marijuana should be legalized (heart warming stories sent to him by Nydia to share with us) . Montel Williams also did a speech and cried not only once, not twice...not three times...but FOUR! WTF?! First time , my eyes were a little moist too...but the way he kept doing it was so...fake! I couldn't believe what I was seeing, so out of line and dramatic! He needs to be back on TV asap.
At least he brought a pretty date.
Lex and I had to leave early because we had a more important party to get to. You can read all about it in the next post!

-bahareh

No comments: